View Available Properties
Download Area Map
Resources for Local Businesses & Neighbors
As of December 31, 2020 all available COVID-19 vaccine doses have been allocated for people in categories 1A and 1B. Collin County received only 1,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses; however, as more shipments arrive, the county’s health department will continue to schedule vaccinations for individuals in groups 1A and 1B.
Collin County encourages you to continue to check the DSHS website for COVID-19 vaccine distribution points throughout the county. The DSHS COVID-19 vaccination plan is focused on distributing the vaccine through doctor offices, pharmacies, and other health providers in neighborhoods.
New and returning borrowers may (re)apply for the Paycheck Protection Program with the Small Business Administration.
The following important updates have been made to the Paycheck Protection Program since it originally launched in 2020:
- Borrowers can set their covered period to be any length between 8 and 24 weeks to best meet their business needs;
- Loans will cover additional expenses, including operations expenditures, property damage costs, supplier costs, and worker protection expenditures;
- 501(c)(6)s, housing cooperatives, direct marketing organizations, and other types of organizations who previously were not eligible may now apply;
- Certain existing PPP borrowers can request to modify their First Draw PPP Loan amount;
- Employers may now deduct PPP related business expenses.
More information about the Paycheck Protection Program, including frequently asked questions and application forms, can be found on the Small Business Administration website.
Information on city building closures, updated public meetings, utility billing, and municipal court.
The Greater Anna Chamber of Commerce is posting updates to the website as well as the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GreaterAnnaChamber/
The Chamber has also created a survey to assess how local businesses are doing and ways in which we may assist. You can fill out the survey online here.
Collin County Judge Chris Hill issued a “work safe” executive order effective March 24. On May 11, the Collin County Commissioners Court approved the distribution of direct financial assistance for housing, utilities, and groceries; increased COVID-19 testing; personal protective equipment; and, COVID-19 costs and recovery efforts for cities and towns. An application for housing and living assistance as well as COVID-19 testing for the uninsured can be found here.
MORE USEFUL LINKS
- GovEvents [event search for webinars, conferences, etc.]: https://www.govevents.com/ / https://www.govevents.com/find-events.php
- BIA COVID-19 Fire Mitigation Info: https://www.bia.gov/bia/ots/dfwfm/bwfm/fire-information/COVID-19-Fire
- CARES Act: Assistance to Small Businesses: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares/assistance-for-small-businesses
- CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/caresact.html
- Dept. of Education COVID-19 Resources for Schools, Students, and Families: https://www.ed.gov/coronavirus
- EDA Sprint Challenge: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329419
- FEMA PA COVID-19 Fact Sheets: https://www.fema.gov/media-collection/public-assistance-disaster-specific-guidance-covid-19-declarations
- FEMA.gov COVID-19 Supplemental Resource search: https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/supplemental-resources
- Fire Service Grants and Funding (USFA): https://www.usfa.fema.gov/grants/
- HHS’ Tracking Accountability in Government Grants System (TAGGS): https://taggs.hhs.gov/coronavirus
- SBA COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- SBA COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- US Treasury updates for CRF: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares/state-and-local-governments
- USASpending.gov COVID-19 update: https://www.usaspending.gov/#/
- USDA updates for CFAP: https://www.farmers.gov/cfap
Food Pantries Serving Anna Residents:
- Four Corners Outreach Alliance, 15642 TX-160, Blue Ridge, TX 75424 (972) 752-5320
- North Texas Food Bank, 3677 Mapleshade Ln, Plano, TX 75075 (214) 330-1396
Restaurant owners and employees may find the many resources from legislative updates, human resources and employment, as well as general business information helpful. The Texas Restaurant Relief Fund has also been established for restaurants in need.
City of Anna
Greater Anna Chamber
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has granted Texas’ Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance declaration. The SBA will make loans available to small businesses and private, non-profit organizations to help alleviate economic injury caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was created by the stimulus bill in March. The new act allocates $60 billion in PPP loans for medium, small, and community lenders and another $60 billion to the Economic Injury Disaster Loans program that offers loans up to $2 million.
Small businesses who believe they may be eligible for an SBA EIDL or PPP should visit the SBA’s website where they can directly apply for assistance. The online application is the fastest method to receive a decision about loan eligibility.
The Collin SBDC is open and assisting clients and small businesses of our community. For immediate assistance:
New Clients, please complete the Client Needs Assessment and a staff member will connect with you shortly.
Existing Clients, please email your Business Advisor directly.
General questions, please email SBDC@collin.edu
The latest information from the United States Government on COVID-19.
Any Texas employer laying off workers may request Rapid Response services for their employees. If the number of affected workers is small, employers should direct the workers to their Workforce Solutions office where they can receive Rapid Response services. Contact McKinney TWC Office at (972) 542-3381.
Get the most up-to-date information on how the State of Texas is responding to the pandemic, including executive orders.
According to GA-29 “Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply [in 11 enumerated circumstances listed in the order].”
All businesses and customers should continue to follow minimum standard health protocols laid out by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). The Texans Helping Texans booklet further outlines the orders and minimum health protocols.
EDC/CDC Staff Contacts:
The Anna CDC and EDC understand that we are in unprecedented times. In order to provide the most up-to-date information, we have developed the above list of website links that may be of assistance to you, your business, and/or your employees. Please let us know if you have additional resources, questions, or comments. Thank you.
Get News Updates
Anna is on fire, exploding with growth and opportunity. Come and explore what we have to offer—you will find a can-do attitude and desire to make your project a success.